Friday, October 9, 2009

Technology: Past, Present, Future

Past:
Being a part of the Net Generation, I feel pretty in tune with most technologies that are available for the classroom. In the past, I new how to use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. I also knew how to access and judge quality online resourcess and use YouTube as an educational tool throughout lessons. I have been familiar with EBlogger and use it in my classroom at the current time. I just created a Facebook Group, so I might be cancelling my Eblogger shortly, since I can do just as much and more on Facebook. I am comfortable using VoiceThreads, an educational website geared for student learning as well as incorporating Instant Messanger as a life-line for students the night before quizzes and tests.

Present:
Throughout this course I have learned many valuable things. First, I feel that I know much more about Microsoft Word. Second, I never had used Excel, and now I feel comfortable doing basic functions with it. I still don't know Database very well, but I have not attempted the Technology Skill database portion yet. I now understand how educational software is labeled and organized.

Future:
In the future, I would like to figure out what kinds of educational software would be beneficial for my students. I feel that I am pretty good with presentational and educational software, but don't know any technologies that really enhance the content of my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment