Friday, December 4, 2009

#20: Final Reflections

What a semester it is been! I am very proud of myself that I am concluding my first online class and I have survived, seeing how nervous I was when I first enrolled for this course. This course has taught me a lot about how I learn personally as well as how I work best in terms of organization and time mangagement.

My biggest struggle has been the fact that there is a very big difference in talking face to face in a group versus online. I learn so much about different topics when I can sit in class and soak up what everyone is saying. The structure of the course on Blackboard doesn't allow easy access for conversation. One suggestion could be creating an environment more conducive to open communication. Perhaps there could be one couple of nights a week where there could be an "IM chat room" scenario to discuss various topics of interest.

This course also taught me about all the different software available and has allowed me to "talk in technology terms." The assignments were beneficial and applicable as well. I also think a struggle for me with this course was that so much of what I learn, I learn from "doing" not seeing or reading about it, though our subscription to that website will help with tutorials in trying new things. The AT project was very helpful. I will always now look around places to see if the physcial environment is adapted for people with disabilities. I feel much more prepared and knowledgable about AT for the future.

Overall, I feel I am taking away so much from this course in regards to what I have read, created, and come to realize about myself as a learner. I do feel that I would have learned more had the class been Face to Face, but I think that is just who I am as a person. I am sure many other students would benefit more from a class than this than a face to face situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment